Nevada State Trade Expansion Program (STEP)
What is the STEP Grant?
STEP was authorized by Section 1207 of the Small Business Jobs Act of 2010. Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 made the State Trade Expansion Program a permanent provision of the Small Business Act to make grants to States to carry out projects that help develop exports by eligible small business concerns (ESBCs).
The STEP Grant:
- Helps Nevada's small businesses enter and expand in the international marketplace
- The grant objective is to increase the number of Nevada's small businesses exporting and increase export sales
- eCommerce and Digital Opportunities
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) - Eligible Small Business Concerns:
- Registered in Nevada as a for-profit business
- Physically located & operational in Nevada at least one year
- Not barred from federal funds
- One or more full-time employees
- Export-ready U.S. company seeking to export goods or services of U.S. origin OR have at least 51% U.S. content
- Sufficient resources to bear the costs associated with trade
- In accordance with SBA guidelines and size standards:
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
Pawel Pietrasienski, Ph.D.
Director of International Trade
International Business Development Coordinator
Nevada STEP Project Director